230g/1pkt Mission Tortilla chips (cheese) or regular corn chips
300g/1 jar salsa (mild or hot)
1 punnet cherry tomatoes
500g mince beef lean/regular
1pkt taco spice mix
400g canned black beans
400g canned corn kernels
250g tasty cheese
Sour cream and jalapenos as desired
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil spray
1. Heat the frypan with olive oil spray and add mince meat. Break down mince meat with a wooden spoon whilst cooking. When the meat is just brown add the taco mix and drained black beans. Once all are combined and the meat is cooked, remove from heat.
2. To make guacamole, mash avocado and then add a splash of lime juice, salt and pepper to taste.
3. Cut cherry tomatoes in quarters and drain corn and combine in a bowl.
4. In a large deep platter, empty packet of tortilla corn chips and spread out evenly. Cover with mincemeat mix, followed by salsa and then tasty cheese. Ensure all ingredients are evenly spread over the tortilla corn chips.
5. With a Gasmate blowtorch, melt the cheese. Slow and steady gets best results for evenly golden melted cheese. Once cheese is melted top with cherry tomato and corn mix, jalapenos, guacamole and sour cream.
These can be also cooked in a hooded BBQ in a cast iron fry pan. Be sure to keep the flame away from the edges of the dish.
1. Preheat the BBQ until hot registers on the hood indicator (hood down).
2. For the sauce: Heat a pot to medium on your wok burner and add oil, sliced onions, garlic and thyme. Sauté with no colour until onions are soft. Add red wine and reduce to 1/3. Add the beef jus, reduce by half. Set aside.
3. Oil and season steak with salt and pepper and turn the BBQ heat down to ½. Place steak on grill and let sear for approximately 2 minutes. Turn the steak with the raw side still facing up to achieve crisscross char grill lines and wait for tiny drops of blood to form on the surface (this is for medium rare), then turn over. Cook steak on the second side for about ½ the cooking time of the first side. Once cooked, place the steak on a resting plate.
4. For the wilted spinach: Lace a tray on the BBQ with a small amount of water. Add spinach and warm through gently. Season with sea salt and cracked black pepper. Drain excess water. Finish sauce by bringing back to the boil and whisking in cubed room temperature butter.
To serve: Place wilted baby spinach leaves onto the centre of your plate. Top with your steak and drizzle with sauce.
2. Spray the frypan with olive oil and once hot, add diced ingredients. Sauté on medium to high heat, stirring them until they start to get soft.
3. Add diced chicken and when it starts to brown add garlic, ginger and butter chicken pastes. Cook for approximately 5 minutes, stirring and scraping the bottom of the frypan to remove any residue that is stuck.
4. Add canned diced tomatoes and salt. Stir to combine and reduce heat. Let it simmer for 5 minutes and then add cream and simmer for a few more minutes before adding spinach.
5. Mix in spinach and as soon as it breaks down, turn off heat.
Serve with rice and/or flatbread/roti with some Greek yoghurt on the side. Any vegetables can be substituted or added such as sweet potato or broccoli. Serve on cauliflower rice or sweet potato mash for a low carb option instead of rice.
Enjoy delightful autumn meals cooked in your AlfrescoPlus outdoor kitchen!